Stephanie Loves Reading. Barnes & Noble Classics Books: Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes - Translated by Tobias Smollett

Written by Stephanie Taylor
She is a White House Correspondent and Owner, Editor-in-Chief, and video host of Intelligent Luxury. Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority scholarship awardee. Temple University is one of my alma maters - I attended several colleges in high school. 

I love books as gifts! I would like these printed books this year as gifts:
Please give me two copies if possible, so that I can underline or highlight words in the printed book. I prefer printed books with maybe a e-book version.

  • Hill Harper's books. 
  • Anne Green of Gables
  • Charles Dickens' Book: A Tale of Two Cities 
  • Tom Sawyer
  • Sophia Kinsella's books. I borrowed them from a library in the past.
  • Nancy Drew
  • The Box Car Children series.
  • A large print Atlas with a nation per page.
  • A large New York Time's Almanac
  • Laura Ingalls Wilder's Books



I love clothing and jewelry as gifts.  Tacori,  Simon G., Sylvie Collection, and Van Cleef and Arpels are several of my favorite jewelry brands.  I need a car this year! I drive frequently daily to shopping centers, business districts, and parks.
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens was a good book about social class and romantic dating. The plot, a percentage of the plot, is about the working middle class person who was an entrepreneur.

Barnes & Noble Classics book: Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes - Translated by Tobias Smollett.  This version of Don Quixote is a exciting and fun Spanish novel translated to English.  Yo hablo espanol. I omitted the spanish punctuation. Laughter. I am writing to compare novels whose plots takes place in different nations.  I want to compare the novel's characters societies - their societies customs, norms and mores.   Specifically, art, hair, interior design, architecture, transportation types, home decor products, social customs at events, culinary arts, life's products, fashion, clothing, music, dance, instruments, and words.  Barnes & Noble Classics, Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes; translated by Tobias Smollett is a fantastic novel.  I own the book and I haven't finished the book.  I am reading Anna Karenina - it's a good book - lots of love drama. Anna Karenina is like chic lit or humorous lady literature about fashion, employment, and the fun of discussing social strata. Mr. Leo Tolstoy is an excellent author.

Barnes and Noble, a corporation, is a bookstore that supported my literary events in the past.  I was an independent contractor of Barnes and Noble in the past. However, I worked at several libraries in the past.

I loved the autobiography Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance written by former President Barack Obama. The former president's wife is an author.   I purchased the book as a gift and the person loved the book too. After reading the book, I learned my Uncle Sergeant Kirk Vega, probably attended the University of Hawai'i with the former President Barack Obama.

After shelving non-fiction fashion books at a library, I plan to author a book about comparative societal clothing fashion. Fashion's subjectivity is my expression of love of myself even if others decide to love another style.

Five Weeks in a Balloon by Jules Verne is superb.  It's about an excursion in a hot air balloon in Africa with three men.  That's Girl Scout personality I have in my mind. I own 6  novels in one hardcover book written by a man from France named Jules Verne. I love utopian and time-travel science fiction.  A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne is about riddles or learning the meaning of complex codes. I have yet to finish the novel A Journey to the Center of the Earth. The Barnes and Noble Classic hardcover classic anthology edition authored by Jules Verne that I own has the novels: Five Weeks in a Balloon, A Journey to the Center of the Earth, From the Earth to the Moon, Round the Moon, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, and Around the World in Eighty Days. I believe they are the complete novels - the book's spine is intact!


I own anthology of the novels The House of Mirth, The Custom of the Country, and the novel The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton.  I read The House of Mirth and the Age of Innocence. I am reading The Custom of Country. These novels are made of women protagonists who are socialites who have marital affairs, they attend dances, they attend parties, are housewives; and the women characters are not employees.  Human dating - romantic human socialite relationships prior to marriage are fun popular plots in the novels.  Socialites desire to assist those who need and desire to be cleaner, healthier, and more educated.  Society has social s classes.  These books by Edith Wharton are about the societies upper class.  Lower class is not bad; the sect within the lower class that is violent without any sane cause, is awful.

Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass: An American Slave written by Frederick Douglass published by Race Point Publishing - I own this edition. I re-reading this book about Frederick Douglas. Frederick Douglas was a man born into slavery in the United States of America or in the U.S. colony of Great Britain. He learned to read when it was illegal for him to know how to read. His father was a plantation owner.

 I own Villette by Charlotte Bronte - I haven't read this book. However, I read Jane Eyre - I borrowed this book in the past from a library. I love the book Jane Eyre. The book isn't violent or a horror. It was probably an American translation.  I have yet to read a British version.

Daniel Deronda authored by George Eliot - I am still reading this novel. I own this novel.  Mary Anne impersonated a man named George Eliot.  George Eliot was her pen name. The novel's plot is in England, England is a part of country  the United Kingdom. Jewish characters are in this novel written prior to WWI and WWII.

Sandra Kitt is an African-American romance novel writer.  Kimberla Lawson Roby is an excellent society author that focuses on Christian church love drama in novels. 

Bookstores Website's

barnesandnoble.com

Other versions of these novels could be on sale at:

booksamillion.com


Shop at an independent bookstores too.

Comments

Popular Posts