Rivers: Bodies of Water Calm Us

Written by Stephanie Taylor, Editor-in-Chief
Intelligent Luxury

My upcoming book about rivers is about me and the river. The water. I love water.  Pictures of water will be in the book. Just the water, architecture sociology, islands in rivers the architecture.  The book is only about architecture and the positive psychological effects of looking at the river's water. The parks in Manhattan along the Hudson River are viewing water parks.  You sit to look at the water or you cruise the water in a ship - like the Staten Island ferry, party cruise, or a dinner cruise.  Why does water calm us?

Water calms me and I always love looking at bodies of water - from blue to green to gray.   Bays, oceans, streams, and other bodies of water are serene to sit at a picnic or a BBQ.  Sailing on the body of water are walking on a safe path along the body of water is fun.  My book has photographs of bodies of water and parks near bodies of water, like the Hudson River. 

I lived near the Hudson River when I was younger and now.  In college, I lived near the Delaware Rivers and Schuylkill Rivers.  Lakes are also places to canoe or you can walk around many lakes in the United States on a paved pathway. Celebrate bodies of water with my upcoming  photography and sociology book Rivers: Oceans, Bays, Lakes, Canals, Streams, Creeks, and Brooks.  The waters' influence on the sociology of people on earth. Boating, bicycling, and walking in parks bordering bodies of water.  I plan to travel to most of the rivers to take photographs of the water and interview people who love recreation on or near the water. 

Popular Posts